Management Aptitude Test is a common entrance test that is conducted four times in a year. The difficulty level of MAT is easy to moderate as compared to other exams like CAT, XAT, and IIFT. Scoring well in the exam will help students to take admission in colleges/ Institution accepting MAT scores. There are several Business schools across India that accepts the MAT scores. In this test both written as well as computer-based tests are available. Candidates have the choice to select the one they are interested in. An aspirant can choose even both the options. In this the candidate can apply 7 colleges instead of 5.
Mode of Test: Offline and Online
Duration of Test: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes
Total Questions: 200
Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions
- Admit card:The MAT admit card needs to be carried to the exam hall.
- Identity Proof: Along with the MAT 2018 admit card, the candidates must carry an identity proof. Candidates can provide any of the following documents:, Aadhar Card Election I-Card, Passport, Driving License PAN Card or
- Name change document (if applicable): In case a candidate has changed his/her name, a name change supporting document needs to be shown
- Caste certificate (if applicable):Candidates belonging to categories other than General category need to carry their respective caste certificate
This section tests the command and knowledge of the language. The candidates are assessed on their usage of vocabulary, Knowledge of Grammar, Reading skills etc.
- Reading Comprehension (4-5 Passages)
- Error correction/ Spotting
- Verbal Reasoning
- Odd Man Out
- Sentence Correction
- Synonyms/ Antonyms
- Jumble Sentences/ Alphabets
- Summary Exercise
- Fill in the Blanks
Questions in this section will test the candidates’ quantitative aptitude. It will basically test how well they are in analyzing the problem and finding the solution for it.
- Number System
- Coordinate Geometry
- Operations-Based questions
- Simple Equation
- Ratio, Proportion, and Variations
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Averages- Mixtures- Alligations
- Special Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Inequalities and Modulus
- Indices and Surds
- Permutations and Combination
- Quantitative Reasoning
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
Data Analysis and Sufficiency helps check the candidates’ capability of grasping numbers. It helps to test as to how a candidate interprets the data and examine it.
- Bar Graphs
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagram
- Data Caselette
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
In this section, the candidate will be evaluated on the basis of his/her reasoning. It tests their ability to analyze the problem and find a suitable solution for it.
- Statements/ Conclusion
- Family Tree/ Blood Relations
- Simple Puzzles
- Cause/ Effect Relationships
- Sequence and Series( Alphabetical and Numerical)
- Assertion/ Reasons
- Coding/ Decoding
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
- Identifying probably true probably false
- Definitely true definitely false kind of statement
- Linear arrangements
- Matrix arrangements (Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions)
Indian and Global Environment
General Knowledge section tests the general awareness, whether a candidate is updated with latest news for eg. Business news etc. Reading newspapers, Magazines, Knowledge apps will help students to prepare this section better.
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
- Miscellaneous Events
- Maintaining at least 80% of the accuracy will help to get a good rank in the exam.
- Candidate need to be proficient in all the sections. Hence must be able to balance score in each area.
- Candidate must Target to score at least 98% to get top colleges under MAT. gmat coaching center in kerala