Verbal ability is a section in GATE exams where some students feel difficulty in dealing with. GATE coaching centers and academies are giving coaching for students in verbal ability development to crack that section in the gate exam.
Some students fear to attend English section as they believe they don’t know much English grammar. Gate coaching try to avoid the fear in the minds of students and make them feel that there is nothing to fear about verbal ability section in gate exams.
Students can develop new habits so that they can make the verbal section easy.
First basic thing students can do is the newspaper reading. Students must read newspaper daily. It will increase the general awareness will also develop fluency. By reading editorial we will come across good phrases and words. If some unknown words come in the content make sure that you refer dictionaries to learn its meaning. Referring dictionaries will make your eyes strike another new word. Likewise your knowledge about English language will increase.
There are lots of books available providing grammar exercises questions. Doing many questions will avoid lots of confusions and clarify the doubts regarding it. Doing more and more exercises makes many questions familiar. Getting a familiar question in an exam saves a lot of time in problem solving.
Try to learn a new word daily. Try to get more information about that word too. If any synonym and antonym is there try to learn that too. If you come across any new word while doing exercise note down the word and learn its meaning. This will develop your vocabulary. Search internet to see the situation where the word is used and in which situations the word can be used and also learn how the word is used.
We must make all these points into our habit. We must have a mind which is willing to learn things and highly motivated and competitive to crack the gate exam. Reliant Academy is the best Gate Coaching center in kochi kerala.
GATE is an all Indian examination administrated and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE, Department of Higher Education Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Admission to postgraduate programmes with MHRD and some other government scholarships assistantships in engineering colleges/institutes in open to those who qualify through GATE. GATE qualified candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture or Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statics/ Computer Applications are eligible for admission to master/Doctoral programmes in Engineering/Technology/Architecture as well as for Doctoral Programmes in relevant branches of Science with MHRD or other government scholarships/assistantship . Candidates with Master’s degree in in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture may seek admission to relevant PhD programmes with scholarships/assistantship without appearing in the GATE Examination.
GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the awards of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects. Top rank holders in some GATE paper are entitle to apply for “Shyamma Prasad Mukharjee Fellowship” awarded by CSIR. Some government organizations prescribe GATE qualification as a requirement for applying to the post of Scientist/ Engineer.
Eligibility to appear for GATE
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 year after10 +2) and those who are in final or per-final year of such programmes
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four year Integrated Master’s degree programme (post B.Sc ) in Engineering /Technology or in the third higher year of Five-year
Integrated Master’s degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e g : AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE (I)) as equivalent to BE/B-Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
- A candidate declared “GATE qualified at the time of admission” is entitled for MHRD fellowship for 204 months unless he/she looses it due to poor performance in the registered programme.
- The student of Integrated Master Degree and Dual Degree programmes in Engineering /Technology are eligible to appear in GATE in order to qualify for the postgraduate scholarship in their own institutions only. They are not eligible for admission to a fresh M.E/ M.Tech Programmes.
Important Dates for GATE
- Availability of GATE forms October 1st Week
- Last date for submitting of forms November 1st Week
- Examination Date 2nd Sunday of February
- Result: March 31st
Leading Gate Coaching Center Kerala
Gate Coaching Institute Kochi
Apply Online for Gate Coaching at Reliant Academy,Ernakulam